The TIBF August monthly meeting
was brought to order 7:15pm., Western Marine,
July 16, 2009, TIBF minutes approved.
Treasurer Report-Tammy Shuyler
Youth Report-John Lancaster-Absent. Bruce reported.
Conservation Report-Steve Jones (Absent). Bruce reported in his stead.
Communication Report-Steve Day
Tournament Report-Bruce Flesher
2009 TIBF Banquet planning. Date: November 21, 2009
1) Location: Hilton Garden Inn-Spectrum,
2) Hotel rooms will be discounted at $79/night.
3) Format will be sit down dinner.
4) Ticket cost: Individual $70 which will include State/National TBF Dues, dinner, 1 big item raffle ticket, 20 regular raffle tickets. Couple $100 which will include state/National TBF Dues, dinner, 1 big item raffle ticket, 20 regular raffle tickets.
5) Dinner menu: 2 items-Prime Ribe and Citrus Peppered Chicken with green salad, red potatoes, green beans.
6) Raffle tickets can be purchased separately. Those will cost $10 and will not need be present to win. Regular raffle items can be purchased at the banquet and will need to be present to win. Update: Tickets have been ordered by Steve Day. Tickets will be 2 colors to differientate from meals only and dues included.
7) Posters: Update: Kurt Campbell advises that beverage distributor unable to sponsor poster printing cost as they are out of funds. Steve Day and Tammy Shuyler will collaborate on designing a poster. Local print shops will be contacted for final printing.
8) There will be both a Silent Auction and Live Auction.
9) Big ticket item suggestions: Gunsafe; ATV; Pellet Stove; Big Screen TV or other ideas. Kelly Lee has announced he will donate a set of tires through his business. Other big ticket item choices could be a Big Screen TV or Gun Safe. Update: Another suggestion for big ticket item is Traeger BBQ.
10) Bruce has drafted a letter which be utilized by membership in soliciting donations and sponsors. It will be uploaded to TIBF website. Update: Tammy will make the TIN# available for donation receipts. Regular raffle item suggestions: All kinds of retail services and merchandise. Don’t forget the Ladies as well as non-bass fishing guests. Update: TIBF will have $1,000 in Berkley Products as a result of Youth Championship winners.
11) Banquet sponsor with minimum $500 cash or merchandise donation will receive recognition. Update: Recognition will be in the form of 1) Banquet poster 2) TIBF website for 1 year 3) Banner displayed at TIBF Banquet 4) Recognized at the banquet.
12) Update: Dinner only comp tickets will be made available to following business: (2) Idaho Fish and Game; (2) Western Marine; (2) Howard’s Tackle; (2) Tri-State marine
13) Schedule: Late morning start for pre-banquet activities. Update: Pre-banquet seminars/activities will be held respectively at Tri-State Marine and Western Marine. Banquet will start at 5:00pm. with No host Bar; 6:00pm.-6:20pm. Guest Speaker; 6:30pm. State Team Awards; Following awards, dinner will begin. There will be a powerpoint presentation during dinner.
14) Each TIBF member club is asked to provide one (member) as a raffle runner during raffle event.
15) Guest Speaker-Gary Dobyns. Update: Another guest speaker added: Mark Gintert, TBF Youth Director and possibly Robert Cartilage.
Meeting adjourned 9:00pm.