first quarterly meeting of 2009 was brought to order 7:00pm., Western Marine,
Treasurer Report-Tammy Shuyler
· Reconciliation of general account is ongoing. Treasurer report publication delayed due to lack of past years records. Those are being sought currently in order to complete current report. Complete treasury report will be filed and disbursed to member clubs within 30 days.
· $936.00 has been collected to date for 2009 TIBF dues.
· Mason’s Trophies statement of $915.46 paid. $180.00 needs to be collected from Eastern Qualifier account for their share of qualifier trophies.
· Survivor fund past payments were as follows: Roger $100, Carl Smith $100 and Max Adams $100.
Youth Report-John Lancaster
Youth tournament-June 20 & 21,
· Sportsman Show Reel Kids Events March 5-8
Conservation Director Report-Steve Jones
· Black Canyon Structure Plan-On hold for the time being.
Spring Camp-Members are encouraged to review and
support Spring Camp improvements including ramp updates and a breakwater (wing
dam) to protect launch and takout during windy
weather. This work will be completed by
Idaho Power who is seeking input to determine which area to improve: Swede’s or Spring Camp. Clubs can have their respective members sign
and return a petition currently in circulation.
The petitions can then be sent to Larry Raganit, L&C Outdoor
Communications Report-Steve Day
· Steve continues to seek member club event and news for TIBF website publication. Bruce encourages clubs to continue sharing their upcoming events and news.
· Steve will be working with the Walleye club to get their website up and running.
Sportsman Show March 5-8,
Reel Kids IBM-Thursday Night-6-8pm.
SRB-Friday Night 6-8pm.
State Team-Sunday 2pm-?
Seminars Doug Schlais-Saturday 2:30pm.
Bruce Flesher-Saturday 7:30pm.
Brue Flesher-Sunday 3:30pm.
Page two-TIBF Minutes 2-26-09
Bruce asks each member club to design a member
info pamphlet to be disbursed at Sports Shows and other events to promote
TIBF will have a booth this year at no charge. Format will be similar as last year.
· Castleford Days-August 9, 2009
Reel Kids event and many other activities. Event is bigger and better every year and all are encouraged to attend. More info to follow. John Lancaster can be contacted in the interim for more information.
· TIBF Major sponsors are: Lowrance, Yamaha, Solar Bat, Evinrude, Minkota, Ranger. Contracts will be signed between TIBF and each individual sponsor. Bruce advised of many products have already been ordered and received by TIBF including many used to outfit 2009 State Team (shirts, rain suits); oil, boats, life jackets, trolling motors, props, Four bank chargers and GPS equipment. Bruce will complete an inventory of the available items which can be sold or used to benefit the TIBF.
· ISCAC Dues-$200. Membership voted to pay this annual due renewal. Walleye will contribute $100 to offset some of this cost.
· TIBF and National Dues-Bruce discussed importance of dues payment no later than December 31. Each State realizes rebates which can amount to upwards 25% of State budget. Every club must pay for early payment this year. He also pointed out the breakdown of $15 National fee: Divisionals $2; Nationals $2; Insurance $11 (this does not cover full cost of insurance). TBF needs 40,000 members to cover full cost of insurance. TBF membership count to date is 32,000.
State dues have not specific allocation except that $1.00 goes to Survivor Fund.
Qualifier Entry Breakdown:
All individual club members are encouraged to join FLW for their benefits including the magazine.
· Qualifier checking accounts are maintained by respective State Division: North, East and South
Qualifier fees: $220 all four tournaments; $85 individual tournament fee
· TIBF Banquet
Bruce is seeking club commitment to State
Banquet for participation and organization.
He has received positive feedback during his Statewide visits. It
is scheduled for November in
· TIBF meeting schedule
Membership voted to return TIBF meetings back to monthly schedule. Next meeting is Thursday, March 19, 2009. By-laws will be amended and approved by April, 2009, meeting.
Dave Withers Tournament February 28, 2009,
· TBF Presidents Meeting
be attending in March at National Championship in
Tammy Shuyler-TIBF Secretary